22 July 2012

Patience is a Virtue

 

I know I just wrote a whole post on "if you really knew me" {here} however, I may or may not have mentioned how patience is really, really NOT my strength, especially when it comes to my personal life. 

With that being said, I think that this summer is giving me a dose of learning and growing in the whole patience department. So far this is what I have learned....

- You may have a plan, and a way to execute your part of the plan, but there are a lot of variables that you cannot control
- Just because you have made the right decision doesn't mean the results are going to come immediately 
- Just because getting a job is my "emergency", doesn't make it the employers "problem"
- During this time of lull in my life (something that may not happen again for a long while), I have been able to truly slow down and relax, and do things I had to say no to before...I am learning grateful for this, this is the first summer that has been this way since I was 14 years old (you can do the math)
- My prayer is that what I have learned in the silence, and time of slowness (if that's even a word), I will be able to take and fit into my life in the future
- I never knew what it really meant to slow down until I was given the opportunity to not be busy
- I thought I knew what I needed (a job where I worked 40+ hours a week to help pay for school...), BUT really the space to have moments of peace and silence was really the best gift I could have been and was given by God at this time in my life


I have more times than not learned how to be patient with people outside the context of my personal friends and family, but I hope that I will continue to bring that patience into my interpersonal and personal life as well. 

Continue to wait for what's ahead, and pray that during this time I can learn and grow so I can be prepared for whats to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment