To be honest I don't know where to start or end, other than I finished my last community health clinical and submitted my final paper for the course and I thought I would be relieved, but that will come when more grades are posted in the grade book. As you may have read {here}, I still have a few things to get through before I can put this class in the history books. I noticed I'm getting more viewers which is definitely exciting...hopefully I keep it interesting enough, though life as a nursing student who is trying to everything at the same time....sometimes this space can lay a bit vacant, so I apologize.
Here's my to-do list count down for the class:
[ ] 50 point Final Community Health Exam
[ ] 05 point Community Health Prep Assignment #4
[ ] 30 point Final Community Health TNC
[ ] 10 point Final Integrative Seminar Reflection
_________________________________________
95 points total remaining/ 250 points in the class
The final day of community health was busy, good, and met a wide variety of people with varying stories to tell. It just reminds me of how thankful I am for my life and my support net, but at the same time my heart breaks for those who don't have that for themselves. There were two adult men whom I met and talked to at the clinical one was a young adult African American male, the other was over the age of 50 African American male...both whom never learned to read or write, and now are homeless for a variety and complex reasons and my heart breaks. Why are some people given opportunity and support? Others are not? Why do such stark health discrepancies exist in our world today? It's not just, and as a 22 year old young novice nursing student it just breaks me when I feel like I can't change reality of their experience, other than to say I want to help and I will pray for your future...because that's the only thing I feel like I CAN do, right now.
We watched a movie in class, partially what my paper is on called Unnatural Causes, I strongly urge you to either check it out from the library or at least explore the website {here}, it really looks at health care, inequality, and social justice that affect people's health in our world today. It causes you to think and consider health in a whole knew way.
Well...I'm going to try to start/ complete another assignment and do some laundry. I have two 8+ hour shifts in the next 48 hours...so I'll hope I manage my time well.
Happy Weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment