These are all scenes from my morning commute; foggy morning, coffee & feet up on the bus seat; scene from looking outside the window of the bus.
(All from Instagram ajkram)
#1 You will get random funny BRUISES
I have now come home from multiple shifts and get in the shower and realize that I have 2 new bruises from the day. Then I think about the day, the things I did, and I cannot figure out what I did to receive them! Typically in the past I would tell people it's hard for me to bruise; but apparently I was wrong....or nursing will teach you otherwise. The reality is that as a nurse you do a lot of moving of patients; a lot more than I think I anticipated going into it. A lot of the people I see need extra assistance and help moving from one place to another; most of the time the bathroom. This job is so that I only work with adults....so if you know me I am quite small; sturdy but small is what I tell my patient's, but I think I get myself in funny spots where I end up getting bruised.
Mostly I think it's just funny, and they usually go away in a few days max.
Anyways, I have to say I am really enjoying my time at this job and have found it mostly a nice way to distract me from outside stress. When I arrive on the floor I focus on the tasks at hand and learn a lot along the way. The experience I am getting is irreplaceable and am so thankful I have been given this opportunity. As I get more comfortable with patients I am starting to realize it is the little things that I can provide for them that make the most difference. You don't know there story unless you ask, and yes some people are private and won't share, but most people like to be heard and given the opportunity to speak. Many times I feel blessed and that I learn more than they may ever intended.
I already have a few patient's that their stories will stick close to my heart, and I think about them from time to time. I am really excited to see myself grow into a career that I really feel passionate about, and fits me perfectly!
Happy Tuesday, after this I have non-stop journal writing for a class due at 6pm; you think I can hammer out 12 entries by then?; I'll do my best!
No comments:
Post a Comment