November 2012
This month was a bit of a respite from the last, I don't know if it was because Thanksgiving always seems to come at the perfect time, or if because once you get through November it's almost Christmas. Either way, November came with the switch of nursing classes, a breath of fresh air, and a welcomed change of pace. Now I just have to make it to December 20th and finals will be over, and there will be time to have a pause. After a hard October {here}, I really have a new understanding of my strengths and weaknesses. How much I have grown as an individual, as a nurse, as a student and that is something I can hold on to.
Lasts: registering for undergraduate courses, declaring my intent to graduate in spring of 2013 (& first)...
Firsts: drawing blood from a PICC line, going into an operating room during a surgical procedure, being on a pediatric rotation in an acute care setting, GSJ - Zambia orientation/ meeting {here}, first time getting immunizations for a trip abroad {here},...
Things I've learned: how to navigate difficult & complicated situations in the acute care setting (& will continue to learn!), continue to be flexible & patient both in my personal life and in nursing, that I have a lot to be thankful for, when having a bad day prioritize giving thanks because it will help you focus on the good and usually have a change of heart, how dedicated my extended family are to each other (all of us at Thanksgiving together!!) {here}, continuing to learn how to take things one day at a time, the importance of finishing strong, prioritizing my time...
Thankful for: family & friends, quality clinical instructors, the opportunities I am given, being a United States citizen with the right to vote, a job, my dad (& mom) who is willing to drive me & support me in finishing out school, Grandparents that have been married for this long, a Grandpa who turned 85 years old, opportunity to have a pediatric acute rotation, forgiveness, roommates that let me borrow a car/ friends that are willing to drive me...
Looking forward to: Christmas, more time with family, Africa!!, the unknown after graduation, graduation, finishing out strong in school, continued experience at both work & school in the clinical setting, future in general...
What I'm missing: nothing at the moment!
There are a lot of loose ends that have to come together in the next 3 months and my prayer is that I trust in God, the process, and take it as it comes. Nothing is certain, and life is a gift, so I hope that I can continue to live each day and moment fully and not give up when things get difficult or frustrating.
Have a happy Weekend, it's finally Friday :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment