12 November 2012

Monday's Ramblings

 
source unknown.

Today was the FIRST SNOW of the season; winter officially has arrived here in my parts. As for my personal opinion of snow; I would be content if I had snow on the ground for 2 weeks a year from from say December 20th to January 4th...something like that? On top of the snow, my roommates have officially decorated the house; or as I said, Christmas has vomited everywhere; I love Christmas, don't get me wrong, but I just have to get past Thanksgiving first. 

News in Nursing School - First test of my peds class; and I'm feeling fairly confident, but at the same time I won't know how I really did until I see my score. Professors announced wouldn't be before Friday.....that's so far from now! I have my second week of clinical this week, and am looking forward to spending more time on the unit and getting more acclimated. Additionally, we had the official meeting introducing us to our FINAL NURSING CLASS EVER in our undergrad career- - is this really happening? I have to choose my top choices for my preceptorship and where I want to spend all 120 hours for my final clinical capstone portion of the class. I'm nervous and anxious. My dream would be oncology peds - but I don't know if that's realistic. My worse case scenerio would be working at the hospital I already work at, I LOVE my job, but I don't want to spend ALL my time there for the last months of college. I would like to mix it up a bit. Ultimately it's out of my control, and I believe that everything will fall into place, exactly how it needs to that will be best for me and my future career in nursing. 

Africa - I officially met with my professor's and fellow classmates and got A LOT of information this past Saturday for Africa and I can't be more excited. However, I really just want to finish this semester strong, and push forward until then. It seems a bit unreal how close my trip is, and how the reality of this trip is hitting me. There's a long list of things that we need to bring, and long list of things we cannot bring; one thing I absolutely won't be bringing is my laptop..crazy a whole month without cell service or a laptop...I'm up for the challenge and think that will be the best part of the whole thing. Completely amercing myself into what Zambia has to offer, and stay as focused on that as possible. 

That's all that's on my mind right now; this week is far less hectic as my last week, and I hope I can take full advantage. 

 Happy Monday to you, and have a good evening// start to your week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment