source {here}
So I am the person that never feels prepared for a trip; and usually forgets something. The only time I ever have felt prepared was by the 4th annual training trip I took to the Bahamas with my college swim team {here}...then I got it almost perfect. With all that being said I leave in less than 48-hours on a trip that will be the biggest I've ever been on. A month-long study abroad trip to Zambia, Africa!
An aside; my brother came downstairs and said to look at Yahoo's "Destinations to watch in 2013" {here}, and Zambia, Africa was on the list!! How cool is that, known for the beautiful Victoria's Falls & Safari's; both of which I will be seeing! I'm starting to get a little excited...as if you couldn't tell with all the added explanation marks!! :D
As I was saying...I have spent far too many hours at various locations shopping for this month-long extravaganza and spent wayyy too much money. But I feel the most prepared. Aside from two things; the actual packing, a list of addresses on a actual piece of paper I won't lose to send post cards to family//friends back home...So I better get on that.
Anyways, I had good intentions of getting posts pre-planned for before I left, but it looks like that's not going to happen. I will not be taking a laptop/ and won't have access to my phone so that means it will be pretty quiet here on the blog front unless I get access to a pretty inexpensive internet cafe somewhere close by where we are staying.
Last time I checked it was 80 degrees where I will be for the month; and it's currently cold and snowing here in my home sweet home town. So no complaints here!
I'm feeling excited, overwhelmed, rushed, and a little bit nervous heading into the next 48 hours; not really looking forward to this long flight either. HOWEVER, I know everything comes at a cost and it will all be worth it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment