17 May 2013

last class of my undergraduate career!

Senior Nursing Class of 2013
I love this photo of all of us, don't we "clean up" nicely?! After my final class of my undergraduate career I really felt a sense of pride and accomplishment, not just of myself but of our entire nursing class. We did it! I woke up to my alarm this morning at 6:45am and was so excited and thrilled I don't know what came over me. College has been the most rigorous academic experience I have had in my life, and the past two years (4 semesters) of my nursing school has been the largest balancing act I have ever had to keep control of in my life. I have grown to be an independent woman that can withstand so much more than I ever thought I would. I am thankful for this experience, and so excited that one week from today I will be walking across the stage to receive my "nursing pin" which is done at a nursing "pinning ceremony" which is a rite of passage and tradition for nursing school. I am anticipating that night will be far more emotional, but today, today was pure bliss! I am so excited to close this chapter of my life and jump on forward into the next one.
On the left is taken before my first clinical ever (fall 2011) - happened to be an AM tour, the right is on the day of my last clinical (May 2013) ever as a nursing student. Either I am really good at faking it or I look far more rested in the photo on the right...
The truth is I definitely don't plan on ever wearing my white scrub pants again, and the scrub top either. However I have accomplished and been present for so much in these scrubs. I hope that I never lose the spirit of learning and growing as a continue on in my career of nursing. I also feel that in these scrubs I was able to be very present with my patient's because I had the luxury of being a "student". Regardless I pray and hope that everything I have learned in nursing school, and every part of me that has grown into a stronger, smarter nurse I can take with me wherever I end up!

This was Ashley (my roommate) and I on the drive to campus for our last class!
What an awesome way to start my weekend, now let the weekend and next week of festivities and celebration begin!

Oh wait....I still have to finish a paper and complete a presentation; THEN I can celebrate!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing your studies! And all the best for the beginning of your career:)
    Such an accomplishment!
    Working as a healthcare professional is the absolute best job ever, I am so glad that I also chose a career in helping others!
    Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog :-) Always like to see new faces.

      I know nursing will be an adventure with its challenges, but I definitely think it will be a rewarding one. My ultimate goal would be to live internationally (outside the United States) and work for a non-profit as a RN at least for a portion of my career.

      We'll see where life takes me, right now I'm just living in the moment to celebrate this accomplishment. (One day at a time!)

      1 week until graduation!
      ~ Ashley

      Delete
    2. That sounds like an amazing career plan! I recommend AFRICA! x

      Delete
    3. ...I was in Zambia for January; I fell in love...I think I'll be back :)

      Delete