06 May 2013

...what is it that you do again?


source.

{Pause}
I do want to get to the later half of this post for #BlogEveryDayInMay. However, I want to be honest, today has been the most draining day both physically, emotionally, and mentally. The even harder part is, that I feel like I keep saying that more than ever in the last semester of school. It is like a snow ball rolling down a giant mountain, it keeps getting bigger and gaining speed. It's one of those days where I want to throw my hands up in the air and say, "kick me while I'm down, why don't ya?!".

Nursing school is hard. Nursing is hard.
No one ever said it would be easy. 
But sometimes, what's even more frustrating is when I'm trying to play by the rules and I still get knocked down.
I am trying to stay positive, but I'm running out of steam. 

I will continue to do the best that I can, with where I am at, with what I've got left. My mom used to say that all the time, "just remember,...I'm doing the best that I can, with what I have, with where I'm at!"

{19} days until graduation. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    
Day 6, Monday: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?

What do I do? Well without using my job title, or the sweet little box that I've checked for 19 years of my life "student" the description could be something like this:

I am a hard worker, by necessity, and try to keep up with the curve balls that are sent my way on a daily basis. I have two calendars that I am constantly double-triple checking to make sure I didn't double-book myself. I am trying to master the artistry of being a successful multitasker, to try to accomplish everything I have signed up for. I am a learner in almost every role in my life. Learning is the highest priority, may that be in the hospital, a swimming pool, or classroom. I am an independent thinker and problem solver trying to stay ahead of complications and stress so that it works out better for everyone involved. I am a lover and loyal to all of the people in my life because life is far too precious to take for granted. Ultimately, in everything I do I try to live in the moment and do the best that I can in everything that I do. I strive to be the best "Ashley" I can be.    

So how about you, what do you do?




Check out Jenni's blog {here} to see what all these posts are about?!
#BlogEveryDayInMay

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with school my husband is in his second semester of nursing school and it is very emotionally draining but you are so close way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, thanks for stopping by! I appreciate the comment. Second, go husband! {AND} Go you for being the supporting wife standing by to be there through the good, bad, and ugly (& it can definitely be pretty ugly). Seriously though, I always give so much props to all the guys going into nursing. They seem to have to work so hard to make up for the expectations that nurses are "supposed" to be women. I love all the male nurses I've worked with and need them on the unit whenever possible! Tell him good luck...and that it'll be worth it :-)

      Delete