So long first rental. It's been good.
I don't think I have really talked much here on this blog about my housing throughout college...and maybe that is an opportunity to do blog posts on each year and my experiences, or maybe not? Regardless, for the first four years of my undergrad I lived on campus, commuted nada, and swam. I still to this day do not own a car, and don't plan on it until I get a "grownup job". Then because of unforeseen circumstances my fourth year, and my good friend Laura (mentioned in the last post here), she and her current roommates needed a 4th roommate...and they were moving off campus. For them it wasn't a huge deal because they all owned cars, and well beggars (me), can't be choosers so I agreed and we signed a 13 month lease. I took the opportunity as just that, a good "next-step" into adulthood and living with roommates in a house that I did not own. No the house was not perfect (but what house is?) But it did have things now that I will always require in future rentals; free laundry, ample parking, and enough space so I can be by myself sometimes. You can read more about this rental {here}...all my posts about living here are labeled "1504 house".
Well last Friday, June 14th was the last day of our lease, and we handed our keys over to awesome landlords (they were truly the best!). What I think is successful is that we got our whole deposit back! Celebrations all around.
Until I get a "grownup job" and really know how my finances end up I am now living at my parents until further notice. It's kind of bitter sweet. It's most likely the last time I will "move home", but then I don't know how long, and for every 23 year-old living with your parents isn't always perfect either. However, without a job to pay for my own place and soon to be loans starting to be due it worked out better that way for me.
What did you do after your undergrad? Move home? Did you live off-campus or on campus? I know everyone is different and it's important to consider all options and what's best for your situation.
Overall I have learned a lot over the past 5 years living with a wide variety of people; the good, the bad, and the ugly. I'm happy though, and glad I was able to have the variety of living arrangements.
....Now back to studying for NCLEX...
Clockwise - (middle// 12 - Ashley, Kaitlin, myself, and Laura)
No comments:
Post a Comment