16 July 2014

on grow(ing)-up.

I don't have the newest trendy wardrobe, thigh gap, or a walk in closet. I don't have sponsors that supplement my clothing, home decor, and I don't receive any money from my blog to add to my adequate, although, modest income as a new nurse. I am not married. I do not have children. I have a passion and calling for nursing, love, and justice. I have a desire and need for independence. I am learning how to budget, save, and make ends meet while living in a way that is promotes simplicity, quality over quantity, and allows margin in life for adventure and the pursuit of living a fulfilling life.

What I have been trying to focus my energy and effort in is eliminating unnecessary distraction, practicing high work ethic, slow to speak - quick to listen, not falling prey to jealousy, being an authentic & genuine self to everyone I meet, giving it my best. Life is hard, messy, and all sorts of challenging, but I am trying to live intentionally, and purposefully into what the call is for my life.

The things I am wrestling most with right now is work/ life balance, being physically healthy, finding room for self-respect & grace, making margin. I hate working out, it's easier to go out to eat then make a meal, I rather spend time alone than try making new friends or build community around me, and internalizing difficult feelings or situations is the easiest way for me to deal with it.

All of these realities have been the most difficult for me to deal with post-college-graduation. Work is challenging but in an exciting and invigorating way, but finding a sense of balance and routine is the most difficult for me right now. I am trying to be honest and work a little bit at a time  to figure it out, but one things for certain is there is no manual on how to be a "grownup".                 

No comments:

Post a Comment