I woke up anxious knowing I had to wait an extra day to find out the results of my exam because of the holiday (thanks a lot United States!). I rolled over in my bed in the hotel and logged into the website...not to mention all my passwords were saved I don't know how many times from checking for results for the past 24 hours, and there it was I passed my NCLEX - RN exam, on the first time. |see last years post here|
Fast forward, one year later, to July 5th 2014. Officially 6 months under my belt at my first post-graduation job at July 6th, and feeling fairly independent in my practice. Nursing is a strike of balance, balance on the job and off. It is a part of the career I didn't anticipate would hit me as hard as it has. The fast paced job during work and transitioning to home life and having any semblance of a life...well I'm not so good at. Also coming from a person that requires 8 hours of sleep every night doesn't help either.
Last year I had to take my exam up in Duluth which was okay with me, mostly because my family has spent many years up in Duluth for the July 4th celebrations. Having my exam up there on the 3rd just made for a good excuse that following my exam the remainder of my family met my mom and I for the remaining holiday weekend. This year I was lucky enough to have July 4th as my holiday off, so my parents and I went down to Red Wing, MN to get out of the city and break from routine. I appreciated the time with my parents, time away, and a bit of just quiet space from work & home life.
We arrived in Red Wing on Thursday, and spent the evening walking around downtown, and relaxing. The next morning we decided to take a hike up Barns Bluff that has a view over the Mississippi and the town of Red Wing, it was worth the climb.
....apparently we took a trail that was "closed"...if you knew how much of a rule follower my mom was you'd understand why this photo is quite funny!
Of course, a delayed post, but decided it was worth it anyway. I find it important to celebrate the mile stones in life, no matter how big or small. As I posted a selfie when I was back at work on the 5th of July on instagram, "if only I knew then what I do now". Keep in perspective the journey and where I've come from.
No comments:
Post a Comment